2 tsp ground cinnamon
70g Amisa Organic Chestnut Flour
75ml coconut milk
1 egg, separated
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
Caramel sauce, to serve
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Pour oil 8cm high into a deep heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place the pot over medium heat and bring the oil to 150°C.
- While the oil is heating, combine the flour, coconut milk, 60ml water, and the egg yolk in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white or beat it in an electric mixer until it forms stiff peaks. Using a spatula, gently fold the white into the chestnut batter, then set the bowl aside.
- To fry, drop 1 teaspoon at a time into the oil using a heat-resistant spoon. Fry for 30 seconds, then flip over and fry for 20 seconds, until golden brown. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and place on a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Toss these in the cinnamon sugar whilst warm and serve with caramel sauce and enjoy!