Neutral oil, for greasing pan
250g vegan cream cheese
200g Amisa Gluten Free Chestnut Flour
150g caster sugar
2 flax eggs
50ml plant-based milk
1 tsp baking powder
Brown sugar, to taste
50g potato starch
Icing sugar, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a cake pan with oil and baking paper.
- Combine the vegan cream cheese in a bowl with sugar, mixing until you achieve a creamy mixture.
- Add the flax eggs and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Sift the Chestnut Flour into the bowl along with the potato starch and baking powder. Mix well until no dry spots remain.
- Pour in the plant milk and mix until smooth and free from lumps.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and level well.
- Arrange the apples in a circular pattern on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and bake for about 50 minutes or until a skewer comes up clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before removing from the cake pan. Dust with icing sugar and serve!