1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for drizzling
½ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus extra for finishing
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus extra for finishing
2 tablespoons neutral oil
½ small red onion, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
90g pitted Kalamata olives halved
60g crumbled fresh goat cheese
A few handfuls rocket leaves
Squeeze of lemon
Pinch chilli flakes
- In a blender, combine 240ml water with the olive oil, chickpea flour, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, sift the chickpea flour, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Whisk in the water and olive oil until smooth and combined.)
- Cover and let the pizza dough sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Heat the oven to 245°C ( or 225°C fan-assisted). Place a 25cm cast-iron skillet or oven-safe frying pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and swirl in the oil. Pour the pizza dough into the hot pan and, working fairly quickly, carefully layer the toppings over the batter in the following order: red onion, olives, goat cheese.
- Return the skillet to the oven and bake until the edges are deep golden brown, and the centre is mostly set, around 18 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully remove the pizza from the pan to a cutting board. The pizza will continue to cook from residual heat.
- Toss the rocket leaves with the lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, chilli flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Scatter over the pizza and drizzle with more olive oil.
- Cut into wedges, serve and enjoy!