For the Omelettes
1 cup of Amisa Organic Gluten Free Chickpea Flour
3 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp salt
1 + 1/4 cups of water
For the Filling:
1 tsp oil of your choice
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends chopped off
3 tsp of pesto
Feta or vegan feta
- Combine all the omelette ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Leave to the side for later.
- For the filling, heat a tsp of oil in a medium pan and add the sliced onion. Turn down the heat and cook for 10 minutes until soft and starting to caramelise.
- Add the the asparagus to the onions with a pinch of salt and pepper and fry for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- To make the omelettes, heat a little oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat and add 1/3 of the omelette mixture. Tilt the pan, so the mixture coats the bottom in an even layer.
- Next add 1/3 of the onion and asparagus mixture, a little crumbled feta, and 1 tsp of pesto to one side of the omelette.
- When bubbles pop up on the surface of the omelette, use a spatula to flip the side with no filling over the top of the side with filling.
- Cook for 2 minutes then repeat with the remaining 2 omelettes!