If you're of the camp that christmas pudding is just a bit weird (and don't even get us started on trying to find a gluten free one) then why not give this chocolate bundt cake a whirl for an alternative christmas pud! Looks impossible to make? Wrong. All you need is our Chocolate Cake mix and a super simple chocolate ganache and you've got a centre piece dessert that'll leave your guests wanting you to host every year (apologies in advance for this part).
For the Cake:
3 x Amisa Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
330g soft butter or dairy free butter
For the Ganache:
200g dark chocolate
300ml of double cream or 160ml of full fat coconut milk from a can for a dairy free option
- Preheat the oven to 175c and thoroughly grease a bundt tin with butter.
- Mix the Amisa Chocolate Cake Mix with the butter, eggs and milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 1hr 10 minutes
- Stick a skewer into the cake to see if it comes out cleans, if it does, it is ready.
- Let the cake cool in its tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the Ganache, break up the dark chocolate into small chunks and place in a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream or coconut milk in a small saucepan until just boiling, then add it to the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute. After a minute, whisk the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and you have a smooth, glossy mixture. Leave it to cool slightly so it is thick enough to spread on the cake.