120g Amisa Organic Chestnut Flour
80g Amisa Organic Buckwheat Flour
40g demerara or other brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
120g dairy-free butter, cold and cubed
1 tablespoon Amaretto
1 Orange, zested
200g Dark chocolate
50g Roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (155°C fan-assisted). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the chestnut flour and combine with buckwheat flour, demerara sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add cubed butter and rub it into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add finely grated orange zest and Amaretto liqueur and with your hands form a compact dough.
- Take a bit of dough (roughly walnut sized) and roll between your palms into a ball. Place balls on the prepared baking tray and flatten each one with the bottom of the glass to the 8 – 10mm thickness.
- Bake cookies for about 8 – 9 minutes roughly or until the cookies are beginning to turn golden brown. Be careful not to overbake them. Let the cookies cool on a tray for a few minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan or microwave until smooth and glossy. Dip half the cookie in the chocolate and place on a plate lined with baking paper.
- Whilst the chocolate is wet, sprinkle with the roasted hazelnuts.
- Allow the chocolate to harden in the fridge for 30 minutes.