- Preheat the oven to 180/160C fan and line an 8×8 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the porridge oats, oat flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the coconut milk, pitted dates and vanilla extract into a food processor and blend into a silky puree.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until combined – the mixture should be slightly sticky and crumbly.
- Pour ⅔ of the batter into the lined baking tray and spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Add the raspberry jam on top and spread evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Break the leftover batter into smaller pieces to create a crumb topping. Sprinkle the crumbled batter over the jam layer without pressing down.
- Place the flapjacks in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes to see if the crumble topping has started to brown – if necessary, cover your baking tray with some tin foil to avoid the top burning.
- Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Share with friends and family along with an afternoon cup of tea, or as a fruity vegan dessert! These can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Search our site