1 loaf Amisa Olive Ciabatta
½ small red onion, finely chopped
8 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 garlic clove
8 leaves of fresh basil, finely chopped
30ml balsamic vinegar
60ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200/180C fan.
- Add the onions, tomatoes and basil to a large bowl. Stir gently, taking care not to mash the tomatoes.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, and mix again. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour. This will allow the flavours to blend together.
- Slice the olive ciabatta into 8 slices and lay them on a baking tray. Place in the oven for 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Slice the garlic clove in half. Once the bread is fresh out of the oven and still warm, gently rub the cut side of the garlic clove over the toasted bread.
- Remove the tomato mixture from the fridge and spoon onto the slices of bread. Serve at your next picnic or dinner party as a fresh starter that’s easy to make and full of flavour!