1 tbsp olive oil
3 shallots (diced)
1 bunch spring onions
4 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tbsp ginger (fresh, minced)
1 litre veggie broth
2 whole star anise
2 tbsp Tamari
250g sliced white mushrooms
1.5 heads bok choy (roughly chopped)
Sesame seeds (for topping)
Chilli Flakes (for topping)
Amisa Buckwheat Spaghetti
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium-sized stockpot over medium heat.
- To the oil add the diced shallots and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, or until the shallots turn translucent and start to soften. Stir often.
- Chop the end off of each spring onion- dividing the white part from the green part. Chop and set aside the green part for topping. Meanwhile, finely chop the white part of each spring onion.
- Add the white part of the green onions, minced garlic, and ginger to the shallots and mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until garlic and ginger is fragrant.
- Carefully pour the veggie stock into the pot and bring to a simmer. To the pot add the star anise and tamari. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pot and carefully remove each star anise from the soup.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, uncooked Amisa Buckwheat Spaghetti, and bok choy to the pot and simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until noodles and bok choy are tender and mushrooms are cooked. Season to taste.
- Divide between bowls and garnish with chilli flakes and sesame seeds (optional).