1 onion, finely diced
4 garlic cloves
Inch of ginger
1 tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp Tamari (or any gluten free soy sauce)
1 tbsp tomato puree
550ml vegetable stock
550g extra firm tofu
50ml aquafaba (about ¼ tin of chickpea water)
100g Amisa Organic Gluten Free Protein Lentil Crisp Bread, crushed`
Salt and pepper
Rice of choice (sushi, basmati, brown)
2 spring onion
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add in the finely diced onion.
- Cook for a few minutes, then add the crushed garlic, grated ginger and peeled and sliced carrot.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the curry powder, garam masala and turmeric. Stir and cook for a further minute.
- Add the tamari, tomato puree and vegetable stock and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the carrot is soft.
- Transfer to a blender or use a hand blender to blitz until smooth, around 30 seconds.
- Place it back in the pan on a low heat and leave for later. If you want the sauce a bit thinner, add some extra water.
- In two separate bowls place the aquafaba and crushed crispbread crumbs. Season the crumbs with some salt and pepper.
- Cut the tofu into 4 rectangle slices. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the tofu into the aquafaba and then into the breadcrumbs. Make sure they are well coated at every stage. Gently shake off excess breadcrumbs and place to the side until each tofu slice is coated.
- In a frying pan add 2-3 tablespoons of the vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Once hot, place the breaded tofu in, one or two at a time depending on the size of your pan. Fry on each side for around 10 minutes, until golden brown. To fry the sides, use some tongs to carefully flip the tofu onto its side until golden brown all over. Place on some kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil.
- Whilst the tofu is cooking, cook your chosen rice according to packet instructions.
- Slice the breaded tofu diagonally using a sharp knife and serve with the rice and curry sauce.
- Top with some fresh coriander, sliced spring onion and red chilis. Serve with a wedge of lime.