For the pesto:
20g fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp parmesan
2 tsp lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
7-8 walnut halves (slightly roasted)
240g baby spinach leaves
For the pasta:
500g Amisa Organic Buckwheat Fusilli
135g frozen peas
100g tenderstem broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
½ tsp salt
For the topping:
Sun Dried tomatoes
Basil leaves, torn
- In a small blender, put all pesto ingredients in and blend to get a coarse paste.
- Cook the Fusilli according to package instructions. When 3 minutes remain from the pasta cooking, add in the chopped broccoli and peas.
- When cooked, drain pasta and keep aside.
- In a wide pan, heat 1 tsp oil and add in prepared pesto. Saute just for a minute and drop in peas, cooked pasta with broccoli and peas. Mix everything well till pasta is coated well with pesto.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste. To serve you can add sun dried tomatoes, grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves. Serve and enjoy!