300g peeled and chopped pumpkin
½ a large white onion, peeled and quartered
40g of cashews soaked in boiled water for 15 minutes
½ tsp of garlic powder
3 tbsp of nutritional yeast
½ tsp of dijon mustard
2 tsp of lemon juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
60ml of plant milk (any)
200g Amisa Organic Corn & Rice Fusilli
Extra virgin olive oil
- Add the pumpkin and chopped onion to a steamer. Steam for around 10 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
- Put the Amisa Organic Corn & Rice Fusilli onto boil according to packet instructions.
- Add the steamed pumpkin, onion, soaked cashews (drain and rinse them first), lemon juice, garlic powder, mustard, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and milk to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce to a small saucepan and heat gently over a low heat while stirring.
- Drain your pasta and drizzle over a little olive oil. Stir it into the sauce until the pasta is all coated. Serve with fresh herbs, vegan cheese and enjoy!