250g Amisa Organic Gluten Free Wholegrain Rice Penne
225g Broccoli head, cut into florets
For the vegan cheese sauce:
120g white potato, peeled and cubed
1 small carrot, peeled and halved
100g raw cashews
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp lemon juice
Basil leaves, for topping
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the Wholegrain Rice Penne according to package instructions until al dente, adding the broccoli florets to the pot in the last 2-3 minutes.
- To make the cheese sauce, add the potatoes, carrots, cashews and 240ml of water to a pot. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until soft enough to blend.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook until tender and translucent, about 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Once the potatoes are done, carefully pour sauce mixture into a blender along with the sautéed onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, mustard, salt, and lemon juice. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth, adding more water if needed.
- Add cooked pasta and broccoli to an oven-proof tray. Pour the vegan cheese sauce over the pasta and toss to combine. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with basil and season as desired. Serve immediately!