For the base:
150g cashew nuts
4 Medjool dates, pitted
50g coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
200g unsalted plant-based butter
3 tbsp caster sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
One tin (397g) plant-based condensed milk
For the topping:
200g plant-based milk chocolate
100g plant-based dark chocolate
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin and line with baking parchment. Tip the cashew nuts and oats into a food processor and blitz to crumbs. Add the dates and coconut oil, and blend again. Transfer to the tin and use a spoon to press the nutty mixture into a compact, even layer that covers the base. Chill while you prepare the filling.
- Pour the condensed milk, butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a large saucepan and melt on a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved – stir frequently to stop anything from catching.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up high and let the mixture come to boiling point and boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly so that the mixture doesn’t stick. It will be ready once it has changed to a slightly darker golden colour, and has thickened to a soft fudge texture.
- Pour the caramel onto the shortbread base and leave to set for an hour in the fridge.
- Once set, melt the milk chocolate and pour over the caramel – melt the dark chocolate and pour over on top – swirl it into the milk chocolate with a skewer to form a pattern.
- Chill the Shortbread in the fridge for another 1-2 hours until the Chocolate has gone hard.
- Chop your Shortbread into small pieces and enjoy!