For the brownie layer:
70g unsalted vegan butter
80g vegan dark chocolate chips
30g almond flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
80g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
5 tbsp water, room temperature
½ tsp vanilla extract
For the cheesecake layer:
140g raw cashews
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
80g coconut milk
3 tbsp maple syrup
80g frozen raspberries
80g fresh strawberries
- Soak the raw cashews in boiling water for at least 15 minutes or while you make the brownie layer.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line a small baking tray with baking paper (around 18x13cm).
- In a small bowl, stir the ground flaxseed and water together. Leave to sit for 7-10 minutes at room temperature, until thickened into a gel-like consistency.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan and warm over a medium-low heat until melted.
- Sieve the almond flour, chestnut flour and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add the salt and mix until well combined.
- Add both sugars into the melted butter-chocolate mixture. Add the ground flaxseed mixture, vanilla extract, and the flour mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking dish and bake in the oven for 30 -35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- While the brownies are cooling, prepare the cheesecake layer. Drain the cashews and place them in a blender. Add coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup and frozen raspberries. Blend for several minutes, until creamy and smooth.
- Once the brownies have cooled, pour the cheesecake layer on top. Roughly chop the raspberries, then place on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Place in the fridge and let set for at least 2 hours before removing to slice into squares.