For the filling:
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 shallots, diced
75g mushrooms, finely diced
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp vegan sour cream or vegan horseradish sauce
2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
For the mini yorkshire puddings:
200g Amisa Organic Chickpea Flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
10 tbsp aquafaba
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Vegetable or sunflower oil
- To make the filling, in a large pan over medium heat, warm your olive oil. Add the shallot and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shallot is soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove mushroom mix leaving juices behind and place in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan/gas mark 7).
- Sieve the dry yorkshire pudding ingredients into a mixing bowl and give them a good stir.
- In a large measuring jug, combine the aquafaba, water and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk well with a hand or electric whisk.
- Transfer the combined mixture back to the measuring jug and rest for at least 15 minutes.
- While the batter rests, add the oil to the wells of the muffin tin. There should be around 1 ½ tbsp of oil per well.
- Put the muffin tin in the oven until the oil is smoking hot (this takes around 10 minutes, but keep an eye on it).
- Remove the tin from the oven and, well by well, pour the batter mix from your measuring jug into the tin. Don’t overfill it – you should leave a gap of around ½ cm from the top.
- As soon as possible, put the filled tin back into the oven. Leave the Yorkshire puddings to bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the oven temperature down to 190°C (270°C fan/gas mark 5) and leave in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Take the tin out of the oven and leave to rest on the side for a further 15-30 minutes. The centre of the Yorkshires may be a bit gooey, but resting will allow them to firm up.
- Once rested, use a spoon to carefully remove them from the tin. Fill each yorkshire with your mushroom mix, and top with a small dollop of sour cream. Serve and enjoy!