We've made quintessential Christmas lights into a cupcake, not only do they look great, but they taste great too. Topped with a vanilla icing and sprinkled with colourful, crunchy, chocolate drops, these treats are definitely not just for kids!
420g Icing Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 bag Biona Organic Carnival Drops
Black Decorating Icing (ready to pipe)
- Prepare a cupcake tin by lining it with cupcake cases and set aside.
- Make Amisa Gluten Free Cake Mix batter according to box instructions.
- Spoon an even amount of batter into each of the cupcake liners and bake according to box instructions.
- Whilst cakes are baking, make your buttercream, Add the powdered sugar, butter, salt and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer and starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until thick and smooth.
- If your consistency is too thick, add a little milk a drop at a time, and if it’s too thin, add a little more powdered sugar.
- Take the cakes out of the oven and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Now for the fun bit! Once completely cool, remove from the baking tin and pipe your icing on the cakes in an upwards swirl.
- Next, pipe the black decorating icing around the white icing (see image) so that it looks like a cable for lights.
- Finally, add the Biona Chocolate Carnival drops evenly around the black icing, to give the impression of Christmas lights. Enjoy.