1 clove garlic, crushed
70ml olive oil, plus extra for greasing
70g vegan parmesan, grated
70g vegan unsalted butter
Salt and black pepper, to taste
100g oat cream cheese
For the salad:
100g fresh rocket
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, thinly sliced
240g radishes, halved
12 fresh basil leaves
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put all the herbs, the crushed garlic and the olive oil in a food processor, blitz to a paste and set aside.
- In a large pan, bring the water to a boil. Slowly pour in the Polenta and stir continuously until it thickens, for about 2 minutes.
- Once the water has been absorbed, fold in the parmesan, butter, salt, black pepper and the herb paste.
- Fold in the oat cream cheese – swirl this through and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Using a palette knife, spread the polenta in a 22cm by 22cm baking tray, lightly greased with olive oil. Wet the knife with cold water to stop the polenta sticking. Leave for 30 minutes to cool and set.
- Heat the grill. Cut the polenta into six pieces and place them on a baking tray. Grill for 8 minutes, until the polenta takes on some colour.
- In a bowl, mix the salad ingredients and serve a piece of polenta with some salad on the side.