Organic buckwheat pita breads, perfect for dipping in hummus or used as a wrap for various fillings.
- Combine the water and yeast and allow the mixture to activate (approx. 10-15 mins).
- Combine the buckwheat flour, salt and olive oil and add the yeast mixture. Work slowly to make a dough, cover and allow it to rise in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into six pieces. Take one piece, shape into a flat disc and place between two sheets of baking paper. Carefully roll out the dough into a round pita shape approx ½ cm thick. Pierce the dough with a fork a few times and dust lightly with polenta.
- Heat up a large frying pan and brush with olive oil. Cook the pita for a few mins on one side until puffy and repeat on the other side.
- Serve immediately with homemade or shop-bought houmous, topped with a drizzle of olive oil, parsley, whole chickpeas and paprika. Enjoy!